NOTICE OF VACANCY
Jordan Management Group, LLC is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of a Registered Nurse (RN).
This position provides long-term care coordination for children with complex medical needs through a Medicaid Waiver Program. The ideal candidate must be able to comply with standards of care, monitor service delivery, monitor budgets, and assure the safety and welfare of beneficiaries within a community setting.
The Nurse Assessor will work in collaboration with a Social Worker to evaluate and manage children participating in the Community Alternatives Program for Children (CAP/C). CAP/C is a Medicaid waiver program designed for medically fragile children at risk for institutionalization. The program provides a variety of services to enable the children to remain in their homes. The Nurse Assessor is involved in:
- Conducting comprehensive, multi-disciplinary, person-centered assessments to determine initial and continued eligibility for the program and drive plan of care development. These assessments are done during a home visit, and are conducted via interview of caregivers, observation of the child, and review of medical records;
- Developing the patients’ initial plans of care;
- Consulting and collaborating with a Social Worker Case Manager regarding the patient’s health care and home care needs;
- Participating in quarterly multi-disciplinary team meetings to monitor and coordinate the patient’s care;
- Performing change of status assessments when there is a significant change in the patient’s health condition and home care needs;
- Following patients post-hospitalization to ensure needs are met and prevent re-hospitalization;
- Following-up critical incidents and addressing prevention of future incidents;
- During weekly meetings, providing input regarding other patients served by JMG;
- Electronically documenting all activities in accordance with nursing, JMG, and Medicaid regulations;
- Learning and keeping up-to-date regarding CAP/C policy, Medicaid policy, and other resources for medically fragile children and their families;
- Participating in Quality Management Activities as needed;
This is a remote position, with travel based on client need. The work schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 5:00, and may include some evening hours.
Applicants must be a Registered Nurse who holds a current North Carolina license, two-year or four-year degree, one year case management in homecare, long-term care, personal care or related work experience. Applicants should be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen and have an unrestricted driver’s license.